The “King of the Brown Sound” recorded the concert celebrating his 79th birthday last October at Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi, Texas, the same city he recorded his first live concert album more than 40 years ago.
Little Joe has entertained fans for over half a century. “I enjoy doing live recordings,” he told Tejano Nation radio affiliate La Voz 93.3 FM in Abilene in a recent interview. “There’s so many beautiful old songs that I recorded when I was a kid and people look for them and can’t find them and constantly ask for them. So, this gives me an opportunity to go back in time and bring back those beautiful old songs.”
Better Than Ever from Little Joe is scheduled for release on May 29, 2020 at all digital music platforms.
“I’ve got a couple of surprises in the recording,” he added. “You’ll find out when you hear them.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
Cover photo: Facebook / Little Joe Y La Familia
- Fiesta Oyster Bake 2021 event canceled amid COVID-19 concerns
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album