The “King of the Brown Sound” recorded the concert celebrating his 79th birthday last October at Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi, Texas, the same city he recorded his first live concert album more than 40 years ago.
Little Joe has entertained fans for over half a century. “I enjoy doing live recordings,” he told Tejano Nation radio affiliate La Voz 93.3 FM in Abilene in a recent interview. “There’s so many beautiful old songs that I recorded when I was a kid and people look for them and can’t find them and constantly ask for them. So, this gives me an opportunity to go back in time and bring back those beautiful old songs.”
Better Than Ever from Little Joe is scheduled for release on May 29, 2020 at all digital music platforms.
“I’ve got a couple of surprises in the recording,” he added. “You’ll find out when you hear them.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
Cover photo: Facebook / Little Joe Y La Familia
- ‘Desvelado’ songwriter confirms Bobby Pulido song is not about Selena
- Pop star Ally Brooke cites Tejano artists as early influences while growing up in San Antonio
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album