The “King of the Brown Sound” recorded the concert celebrating his 79th birthday last October at Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi, Texas, the same city he recorded his first live concert album more than 40 years ago.
Little Joe has entertained fans for over half a century. “I enjoy doing live recordings,” he told Tejano Nation radio affiliate La Voz 93.3 FM in Abilene in a recent interview. “There’s so many beautiful old songs that I recorded when I was a kid and people look for them and can’t find them and constantly ask for them. So, this gives me an opportunity to go back in time and bring back those beautiful old songs.”
Better Than Ever from Little Joe is scheduled for release on May 29, 2020 at all digital music platforms.
“I’ve got a couple of surprises in the recording,” he added. “You’ll find out when you hear them.”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Cover photo: Facebook / Little Joe Y La Familia
- Tejano Conjunto Festival celebrates 40th anniversary with live music, film festival + more in San Antonio on May 16-22
- Country Music Legend’s Death Spurs Conversation on Lethal Means Safety, Mental Health, and Suicide
- Veteran Owned Coffee Company Taps Into Tejano Culture
- Tejano Next Generation Artists Participate in Donation of Instruments to San Antonio High School Conjunto Program
- Jarritos and Rodri Entertainment Launch Mariachi USA Talent Search