Gerardo “Jerry” Alvarez has written many hit songs for some of the biggest artists in Tejano music including Solido, Jay Perez, and Elida Reyna Y Avante, to name just a few. Now, the talented singer, songwriter, and musician has released the lead single from his upcoming solo debut album.
Alvarez shared details on his highly-anticipated solo album in an interview with the Cruz Control with AC Cruz Behind The Mic podcast. The lead vocalist for Los Gallitos for over twenty years, including a Latin Grammy nomination for Best Tejano Album in 2015, has decided to release a solo project.
“Still working on the album, I’ve got four songs that are already ready,” said Alvarez. “I wanted to put something out that’s different, that’s fresh, you know, to have a unique style and unique sound. Try to come up with something that’s not out there, you know.”
“Te Vuelves Loca” is the lead single from the upcoming EP and features a catchy Tejano/Country fusion sound, including the addition of Gene Elders, the fiddle player of George Strait‘s Ace In The Hole Band.
Alvarez released the official music video for “Te Vuleves Loca” on February 16.
Listen to the full interview with Jerry Alvarez on the latest episode of the Cruz Control with AC Cruz Behind The Mic podcast below. Hear previous episodes and get more details at CruzControlWithACCruz.com.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Michael Salgado drops video teaser of upcoming country song ‘She Thinks My Name Is Whiskey’
- Adrian Gutierrez honors his parents 30th anniversary with a cover of ‘Y Sigues Siendo Tu’
- Nephew of Tejano icons Los Aguilares releases lead single in homage to family legacy
- EstrellaTV Brings the Sabor to Thursday Nights With ‘MasterChef Latinos’
- Mario Marichalar releases new single ‘Bella’ from upcoming album, shares latest on lawsuit over streaming royalties