Michael Salgado can add actor to his resume as the accordionist and singer has joined the cast of the film “On American Soil.”
The two-time Latin Grammy winner made the announcement in a video via social media on Monday (Mar. 3).
“So happy to announce to you guys that I’ll be playing Treviño on the new movie, ‘On American Soil,’ so be looking for it real soon,” he said.
The plot of “On American Soil” is about an oil rig worker who comes back home and learns that his goddaughter has gone missing while crossing the border illegally. Producer and writer Michael L.Garcia Jr. and Salgado have been working hard to bring the character to life, according to the film’s official Facebook page, “We can’t wait for you to meet Treviño.”
Salgado just released a three-track EP Esto Es Cumbia on Feb. 7 that features his latest single “Esa Chica Me Trae.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album
- Netflix announces ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2 release date with latest trailer
- Magali Delarosa releases fourth album ‘Corazón Rebelde’