Abraham Quintanilla plans to set the record straight in an autobiography scheduled to be released later this year.
“Today I finally finished the last chapter of my book that I have been writing for the last few months,” Quintanilla announced via social media on Feb. 27. “Since my daughter Selena died, I was wanting to write a book.”
The book was recorded and documented by Nancy De Los Santos, a co-producer of the 1997 film Selena.
“The public might not be aware that there are about 21 unauthorized books written about Selena and none of the writers ever interviewed Selena,” said Quintanilla.
“I feel that the most ugly book was written by Telemundo’s Maria Celeste Arraras, the woman for reasons which I can’t understand, took sides with the woman who killed Selena,” he said about the Arraras’ book “Selena’s Secret,” originally published in 1997. “My family and I and Chris Perez know exactly what happened, as l mentioned, none of the writers or even Maria Celeste ever interviewed Selena.”
According to Latin Groove Music, “the book is filled with hope, triumph, heartbreak, tragedy, and undying love. We will get to hear the complete story about Abraham Quintanilla, Los Dinos, Selena Y Los Dinos, and all the events that brought us to today, when we celebrate the life and the legacy of the beautiful and forever loved, Selena Quintanilla.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Dreaming: A Tribute to Selena’ is a book of her life and legacy told through the eyes of her fans
- Rancho Alegre and Texas Folklife to Present Showcases at Folk Alliance International Conference Feb 24-25
- Nick Garza’s Get Along celebrates National Margarita Day with “I’ll Take Another Margarita” ft. Josh Baca
- Veronique Medrano collaborates with brewing companies for Puro Party Sour brew
- Third annual All-Star Music Awards set for May 29, reveals Top 10 in each category