Sun Broadcast Group’s new weekend show Tejano Nation adds its 13th affiliate and welcomes Latino Broadcasting Corporation La Caliente 105.3/102.5 FM in Houston, Texas.
Tejano Nation also welcomes heritage radio station KSAB Tejano 99.9 in Corpus Christi, Texas, La Perrona 99.1 in Twin Falls, Idaho and Mega 99.3 in Tyler-Longview, Texas.
“The Tejano industry has seen a lot of growth in the last couple of years, and that’s been exciting to watch, not only in Texas but across many regions of the U.S.,” said Pete Garcia, President of La Voz 93.3 in Abilene, Texas. “We love Tejano Nation because it provides the latest in Tejano news and exclusive artist interviews while featuring new Tejano music and mixing up the biggest hits from back in the day!”
The show originates from the Tejano Music Capital of the World, San Antonio, Texas. Tejano Nation, hosted by John “Romeo” Medina, is a high energy show featuring the most recognized mix show DJ in the genre: Jammin’ J Javi. The content is curated to engage the highly sought after Billennial (bilingual and millennial, young Latinos who live and speak in both Spanish and English) radio listener with artists ranging from Stefani Montiel, Siggno, Elida Y Avante, AJ Castillo, Intocable, El Dusty and more.
Tejano Nation is currently airing on KLMO 98.9 FM/San Antonio, TX, Magic 106.5 FM Lubbock, TX, Tejano 1600/Tucson, AZ, La Voz 93.3/Abilene, TX, Q99.5/San Angelo, TX, and Majic 95.9 FM/Victoria, TX, with many more stations to be added in the coming weeks.
Tejano Nation is available for all Regional Mexican formats, email Alex Quintero for info at Aquintero@sunbgi.com.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Dreaming: A Tribute to Selena’ is a book of her life and legacy told through the eyes of her fans
- Rancho Alegre and Texas Folklife to Present Showcases at Folk Alliance International Conference Feb 24-25
- Nick Garza’s Get Along celebrates National Margarita Day with “I’ll Take Another Margarita” ft. Josh Baca
- Veronique Medrano collaborates with brewing companies for Puro Party Sour brew
- Third annual All-Star Music Awards set for May 29, reveals Top 10 in each category