Late Latin music icon Selena was honored by an NBA player during a game between the Dallas Mavericks and Detroit Pistons in Mexico City on Thursday night.
Pistons guard Langston Galloway showed off purple kicks with the face of the “Queen of Cumbia” and her iconic Selena logo in white.
Galloway is known for wearing customs kicks since signing with shoe company Q4 Sports in 2017. He’s honored actors, animated figures, sports heroes and more.
Selena was murdered by her fan club’s president, Yolanda Saldivar, on March 31, 1995, in Corpus Christi, Texas. She was a huge star not only in her native Texas but in many other countries including Mexico.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- ‘Que Daría’ is highly-anticipated debut single for Gary Hobbs with Freddie Records
- Tejano Jingle Jam features Solido, Jay Perez, Stefani Montiel + more in Houston on Dec. 17
- Gary Hobbs shares details on highly-anticipated debut album with Freddie Records
- Roger Velasquez & The Latin Legendz win Video of the Year at 42nd TMAs with Jesse Borrego-directed ‘Amor Del Otro Lado’
- Premios Tejano Mundial announce 2023 date