Late Latin music icon Selena was honored by an NBA player during a game between the Dallas Mavericks and Detroit Pistons in Mexico City on Thursday night.
Pistons guard Langston Galloway showed off purple kicks with the face of the “Queen of Cumbia” and her iconic Selena logo in white.
Galloway is known for wearing customs kicks since signing with shoe company Q4 Sports in 2017. He’s honored actors, animated figures, sports heroes and more.
Selena was murdered by her fan club’s president, Yolanda Saldivar, on March 31, 1995, in Corpus Christi, Texas. She was a huge star not only in her native Texas but in many other countries including Mexico.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Javier Galvan remains hospitalized in critical condition days after fatal crash
- Governor Abbott Announces El Paso Designated As Music Friendly Community
- Sonja De La Paz ramping up solo debut album