Late Latin music icon Selena was honored by an NBA player during a game between the Dallas Mavericks and Detroit Pistons in Mexico City on Thursday night.
Pistons guard Langston Galloway showed off purple kicks with the face of the “Queen of Cumbia” and her iconic Selena logo in white.
Galloway is known for wearing customs kicks since signing with shoe company Q4 Sports in 2017. He’s honored actors, animated figures, sports heroes and more.
Selena was murdered by her fan club’s president, Yolanda Saldivar, on March 31, 1995, in Corpus Christi, Texas. She was a huge star not only in her native Texas but in many other countries including Mexico.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Michael Salgado drops video teaser of upcoming country song ‘She Thinks My Name Is Whiskey’
- Adrian Gutierrez honors his parents 30th anniversary with a cover of ‘Y Sigues Siendo Tu’
- Nephew of Tejano icons Los Aguilares releases lead single in homage to family legacy
- EstrellaTV Brings the Sabor to Thursday Nights With ‘MasterChef Latinos’
- Mario Marichalar releases new single ‘Bella’ from upcoming album, shares latest on lawsuit over streaming royalties