The award was handed out during the Latin GRAMMYs Premiere show, a live online broadcast before the televised broadcast on Univision.
Reyna accepted the group’s second Latin GRAMMY award thanking the Latin Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (LARAS), record label Freddie Records, manager Adrian Gallegos, and publicist Norma Duran. She also thanked her fans and her husband of eight years and Avante bandleader Lalo Reyna III.
“You have always supported us during 25 years of experience in music,” Elida said during her speech. “We want to thank you for always believing in us and once again for the fans who have supported us.”
This is the second Latin GRAMMY win for Elida Reyna Y Avante. The group won Best Tejano Album for their album “Fantasia” in 2010.
Elida Reyna Y Avante recently released the long-awaited lead single, “Dame De Ti,” from the upcoming album “Elida25,” as the singer celebrates 25 years in the music industry.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Ceci Zavala drops electrocumbia version of ‘Tik Tok’ for solo debut single
- DJ Kane returns with feel-good optimistic track ‘Bajo Las Estrellas’ ft. Prana
- Monica Saldivar releases video for breakup song ‘Revolución’
- AJ Castillo returns to stage at Buck’s Backyard in Buda on Oct. 3
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash