The award was handed out during the Latin GRAMMYs Premiere show, a live online broadcast before the televised broadcast on Univision.
Reyna accepted the group’s second Latin GRAMMY award thanking the Latin Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (LARAS), record label Freddie Records, manager Adrian Gallegos, and publicist Norma Duran. She also thanked her fans and her husband of eight years and Avante bandleader Lalo Reyna III.
“You have always supported us during 25 years of experience in music,” Elida said during her speech. “We want to thank you for always believing in us and once again for the fans who have supported us.”
This is the second Latin GRAMMY win for Elida Reyna Y Avante. The group won Best Tejano Album for their album “Fantasia” in 2010.
Elida Reyna Y Avante recently released the long-awaited lead single, “Dame De Ti,” from the upcoming album “Elida25,” as the singer celebrates 25 years in the music industry.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Quemazón offers free download of new single ‘Que Sepan Todos’
- Día de los Muertos at Hemisfair celebrates 10-year anniversary
- Auditions to Cast the New Menudo Band are Now Open on the HeartOut Authenticated Performance Recording App
- Bobby Pulido chats career and new music with release of new five-song EP
- BBQuest Season 3 Streaming Now On Hulu