Tejano Nation caught up with the award-winning band at the Tejano Unites For Cancer Benefit last month and Jesse Farias Jr. shared details on the upcoming album scheduled for release in early 2020.
“The name of the CD is called ‘La Tropa F – Preservando Nuestra Cultura’,” he said. “Preserving our culture, basically. We took it back, did a lot of old school stuff, kind of keep Tejano and our sound going with the new generation.”
“Ay Amor” will be available at all digital music platforms on Nov. 22 and is hardcore Tejano, according to Farias.
La Tropa F wants to instill Tejano culture into the next generation of Tejanos.
“Keep your kids involved, this is our heritage, this is our culture, this where we grew up at, Conjunto, Tejano music,” Farias said. “It’s good to keep the kids involved because they are the future, they are the next generation. That’s what it is, that’s what we’re trying to do, just keep everybody involved.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- David Beck and Sunny Sauceda add Tejano style to 'If We Make It Through December' [VIDEO]
- Elida Reyna Y Avante premiere 'Dame De Ti' official music video
- First stop on Joe Lopez Freedom Tour to be streamed live from Houston
- NBA star honors Selena with custom kicks during Mexico City game
- Joe Lopez to begin Freedom Tour in Houston as victim rights advocates criticize decision