MIAMI – “Premio Lo Nuestro” kicks off the year as the first major music award show in 2022, showcasing worldwide acclaimed performers and the hottest new hits of the season. Set to Live the Moment, the show delivered a spectacle that included world premieres, iconic performances, unique collaborations, and more. “Premio Lo Nuestro” aired LIVE from FTX Arena in Miami on Univision.
The 34th edition of the world’s longest-running Latin music award show kicked off with superstar Maluma presenting a tribute to Latin music legend and cultural icon Vicente Fernández by Ángela Aguilar, Camilo, Christian Nodal, David Bisbal, and Grupo Firme. The two-act opening continued with a vibrant performance by dynamic duo Wisin y Yandelin the TV premiere of their new hit “No Se Olvida.”
The unforgettable night included a historic number by iconic rockstar Sting, who, from the arena’s rooftop, premiered his new song “Por Su Amor.” Another outstanding performance had Italian superstar Laura Pausini from Rome with a striking rendition of “Caja.” The world premiere of urban superstar Natti Natasha’s “WOW BB,” featuring famous urban artists Chimbala and El Alfa, put everyone on their feet.
Global superstar Bad Bunny was the night’s biggest winner with six Premio Lo Nuestro Awards, including the coveted “Album of the Year.” He was followed by Calibre 50, Camilo, CNCO, Grupo Firme, Karol G, and J Balvin with three each.
In the special awards category, “Premio Lo Nuestro” bestowed the prestigious “Premio a la Trayectoria,” “Ídolo Global,” and “Premio Lo Nuestro a la Excelencia Urbana” to megastars Paulina Rubio, Maluma, and Farruko, respectively. La chica dorada (Golden girl) Paulina Rubio performed a medley of her hits “Ni Una Sola Palabra,” “Lo Hare Por Ti,” “Te Quise Tanto,” “Causa y Efecto,” “Don’t Say Goodbye,” “Mio,” “Ah Ah Ah,” and “Y Yo Sigo Aquí.” Superstar Maluma performed on stage with his friends BLSSD and Kapla y Miky. In a number with a special participation by Daniel Habif, Farruko, the acclaimed singer, composer, and producer, performed with Latin superstars Pedro Capó and Oneill, a medley featuring the hits “Ki,” “Pepas,” “El Incomprendido,” and “Gracias.”
Other show-stopping performances also included legendary tropical singer Olga Tañón delivered three incredible performances, the premiere on TV of “Ojalá,” “Jala Jala” with urban sensation Jon Z, and a reimagined version of her classic “Como Olvidar” featuring urban star Jay Wheeler. Regional Mexican star Christian Nodal delighted his fans with the world debut of “Ya No Somos Ni Seremos.” Brazilian sensation Anitta premiered on TV a remix of “Envolver” with urban artist Justin Quiles and her single “No Chão Novinha.” The famous group Gente de Zona closed the night with their hit “Que Locura,” featuring emerging artist Ovi.
Other top musical numbers featured:
- DJ IAmChino taking over the stage with the world premiere of “Discoteca,” featuring global superstar Pitbull and Deorro.
- The TV premiere of pop star Sofía Reyes “Palo Santo.”
- Latin sensation Manuel Turizo and hitmaker Luis Fonsi put everyone to dance with their hit “Vacaciones.”
- Salsa legend Gilberto Santa Rosa and the sensational Yuri performing together “Conteo Regresivo.”
- The King of Bachata Romeo Santos returned with the TV premiere of “Sus Huellas.”
- Latin superstar Sebastián Yatra performed his hit “Tacones Rojos.”
- The acclaimed singer Ángela Aguilar performed for the first time on TV her song “La Malagueña.”
- The megapopular band CNCO took the stage with the TV premiere of their hit “Party, Humo y Alcohol.”
- The fan-favorite artist Prince Royce performed with urban music artists Khea and Natti Natasha a remix of “Ayer Me Llamó Mi Ex.” Bachata singer Elvis Martinez joined Prince Royce for their collab “Veterana.”
- Regional Mexican star El Fantasma performed for the first time on TV his hits “Tus Desprecios” with the acclaimed ranchera singer Pepe Aguilar and “Fuera de Servicio.”
Spanish sensation David Bisbal, Alejandra Espinoza, Gabriel Soto and Yuri hosted the three-hour show with Roberto Hernández as backstage host. Borja Voces, David Zepeda, Francisca and Raúl de Molina presented “Noche de Estrellas” with the special collaboration of Clarissa Molina and Jomari Goyso.
During the ceremony, Gabriel Soto, Borja Voces, Valeria Marin, and Memo Schutz announced that they will be part of the newly announced ViX, the world’s largest Spanish-language streaming service, to launch on March 31.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Los Arcos Hermanos Peña to be Official Showcase Artists at 2022 Folk Alliance International Conference in Kansas City
West Texas family band to perform at world’s largest gathering of folk musicians and industry on Thursday, May 19, 2022
The TelevisaUnivision program will include musical tributes and stories of her life.
The risk of dementia is lower among people who adhere to these healthy habits