Missy, who is making a comeback to Tejano music after surviving stage 4 lymphoma cancer, wanted to cover a song from one of her biggest influences for her latest single from her upcoming album.
“This song has some powerful lyrics, I’m all about lyrics,” Missy tells Tejano Nation. “I first heard this song, oh my gosh, it’s been, you know years that I’ve been listening to international music and then of course Tejano music. When I first heard this song it was one of the guitars I loved to practice on the guitar and sing at the backyard barbecues.”
“It’s just a song that talks about the facts of life,” added Missy. “Everything has a beginning and an end, as well in a relationship and that’s what the song’s talking about, even though a relationship is ending, you still care about that person that was your love in your life. You’ll never forget that one person.”
“El Más Querido” is the third single from Missy’s forthcoming album, Que Haria Sin Ti, that is scheduled for release in October.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- AJ Castillo returns to stage at Buck’s Backyard in Buda on Oct. 3
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash
- Selena true-crime podcast series earns ‘Best Podcast’ at inaugural B+C Awards
- Shelly Lares opens up the vault to offer fans rare, exclusive items
- Rose Elva & The Crew release single and video ‘Solo En Mis Sueños’