Missy, who is making a comeback to Tejano music after surviving stage 4 lymphoma cancer, wanted to cover a song from one of her biggest influences for her latest single from her upcoming album.
“This song has some powerful lyrics, I’m all about lyrics,” Missy tells Tejano Nation. “I first heard this song, oh my gosh, it’s been, you know years that I’ve been listening to international music and then of course Tejano music. When I first heard this song it was one of the guitars I loved to practice on the guitar and sing at the backyard barbecues.”
“It’s just a song that talks about the facts of life,” added Missy. “Everything has a beginning and an end, as well in a relationship and that’s what the song’s talking about, even though a relationship is ending, you still care about that person that was your love in your life. You’ll never forget that one person.”
“El Más Querido” is the third single from Missy’s forthcoming album, Que Haria Sin Ti, that is scheduled for release in October.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Behind The Scenes of Siggno’s hit single and video ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’ featuring Chris Perez
- Nominations open for 41st annual Tejano Music Awards
- Amazon Studios Presents Voices/Voces: An Entertainment Celebration for Hispanic Heritage Month On September 30
- Eiza González Receives IMDb STARmeter Award
- Beatriz Y Deztino return with new single and video ‘Muevelo’