Rodriguez and Banda challenged themselves to provide their own unique sound to this classic hit from the multiple Grammy-winning group, even recording it with their blessing.
“They were on board with it and talking with them to figure out which song of theirs to do,” Rodriguez tells Tejano Nation. “They said, ‘Hey, how about that one because it has never been with a female plus Tejano’.”
Rodriguez said she kept the band in the loop during the recording process. “They’ve been hearing everything from guide tracks to the soundtrack itself first, tweaking this, tweaking that, and they finally gave it their blessing,” she said.
Rodriguez went on to state that “her producer encouraged exploration of her voice with different rhythms.”
“Golpes en el Corazón” by Lucy Rodriguez is available now at all major digital music platforms. It follows the 2018 release of her album, Si Mañana, and single “Asi es el Amor,” last February. She is working on finishing up her highly-anticipated sophomore album.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album
- Netflix announces ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2 release date with latest trailer
- Magali Delarosa releases fourth album ‘Corazón Rebelde’