Tejano R.O.O.T.S. Hall of Fame member and longtime music event promoter Jim Luna is in self-quarantine after testing positive for the Covid-19 virus.
Due to some complications, he has also developed pneumonia.
“It has been very emotional and exhausting,” Luna tells Tejano Nation via telephone. “I’ve been isolated as of right now about 21 days and counting. I am under doctors care trying to get better. I appreciate everyone’s concern and continued prayers.”
The Quartermoon Productions promoter also stated that his two upcoming concert events were still tentatively scheduled permitting CDC and city ordinance requirements.
The two events are Fiesta En La Playa featuring David Lee Garza Y Los Musicales, Jay Perez, Ram Herrera and more on Saturday, September 5, 2020, in Rockport, Texas, and the continuation of the Joe Lopez Freedom Tour with Stefani Montiel, La Tropa F, David Marez and more in Angleton, Texas on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
Luna is a 43-year veteran of concert promotions and has produced many memorable Tejano events along the Gulf Coast and across the state of Texas over that time.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Desvelado’ songwriter confirms Bobby Pulido song is not about Selena
- Pop star Ally Brooke cites Tejano artists as early influences while growing up in San Antonio
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album