Pio Treviño Y Majic plans a return with a new single, “Orgullosa Mujer,” on December 13.
A preview of the lead single from the upcoming disc was released this week from the legendary record label. “Classic Tejano at its best from the Majic Man,” exclaimed Freddie Records via social media.
Starting as a vocalist in the early ’70s for regional groups such as Los Exitos, and Sangre Chicana, Treviño drew national attention when he became the lead singer for La Movida. The group became an instant success, making the crooner a household name. He was the lead vocalist and composer of many of La Movida’s songs for several years until the formation of his own group Majic. The singer received a Grammy nomination in 1988 with his album “Quiero Verte Otra Vez” for Best Mexican-American Performance.
For breaking news follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- El Gallo Dez enters Tejano music scene with debut single ‘Rogando Por Tu Amor’ (Tejano Version)
- Los Fantasmas del Valle searching for next accordionist
- Cindy Ramos adds her Conjunto style to cover of ‘Me Estoy Enamorando’
- SoundExchange Hails Speedy Reintroduction of American Music Fairness Act
- New Tejano Playlist for February features new music from Magali Delarosa, Siggno, Jay Perez + discover emerging artists