Pio Treviño Y Majic plans a return with a new single, “Orgullosa Mujer,” on December 13.
A preview of the lead single from the upcoming disc was released this week from the legendary record label. “Classic Tejano at its best from the Majic Man,” exclaimed Freddie Records via social media.
Starting as a vocalist in the early ’70s for regional groups such as Los Exitos, and Sangre Chicana, Treviño drew national attention when he became the lead singer for La Movida. The group became an instant success, making the crooner a household name. He was the lead vocalist and composer of many of La Movida’s songs for several years until the formation of his own group Majic. The singer received a Grammy nomination in 1988 with his album “Quiero Verte Otra Vez” for Best Mexican-American Performance.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Jay Perez invited to perform with Miami Symphony on June 8
- David Beck’s Tejano Weekend premieres ‘La Ronera’ single and video from ‘Dos Exitos’ EP
- Los Desperadoz back on the road, release new single ‘Un Milagro’
- Palomino Fest returns to the Uvalde County Fairplex for Labor Day Weekend 2021
- AB Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Kingz Allstarz with Pete Astudillo headline Fiesta de Mayo in Houston Memorial Day Weekend