CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS — Q Productions announced the cancellation of the Selena XXV Tribute Concert on Monday, May 18.
Suzette Quintanilla, CEO and President of Q Productions, stated, “After carefully reviewing all the options during these challenging times, the decision has been made to cancel the Selena XXV Tribute Concert. This decision did not come easy. The future is unpredictable and we feel we cannot responsibly create an event of this magnitude for the fans. Thank you all for understanding.”
The event billed as Selena XXV-Veinticinco Años tribute concert was originally scheduled for May 9 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, but was postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak. The concert honoring 25 years of the legacy of late bicultural icon Selena Quintanilla was to be the largest fan event celebrating the Queen of Cumbia with scheduled performances from Pitbull, Los Tucanes de Tijuana, A.B. Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Allstarz, Becky G, Elida Y Avante, Ruben Ramos, Pete Astudillo, Gilbert Velasquez, Ricardo Castillón, Ally Brooke, Isabel Marie, and The Lab.
The current COVID-19 global pandemic has canceled or postponed many events this year.
“We would like to thank all the first responders and essential workers who have worked so hard for all of us,” added Quintanilla. “Let’s make sure we’re all doing our part to help keep our fellow neighbors safe during this time.”
For refunds, purchasers should visit ticketmaster.com or the original point of purchase.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Michael Salgado drops video teaser of upcoming country song ‘She Thinks My Name Is Whiskey’
- Adrian Gutierrez honors his parents 30th anniversary with a cover of ‘Y Sigues Siendo Tu’
- Nephew of Tejano icons Los Aguilares releases lead single in homage to family legacy
- EstrellaTV Brings the Sabor to Thursday Nights With ‘MasterChef Latinos’
- Mario Marichalar releases new single ‘Bella’ from upcoming album, shares latest on lawsuit over streaming royalties