It’s the first musical project from New Mex Records and Salazar debuted the song during a Facebook Live video on May 16. The fun and energetic cumbia is one of the 15-year old singer’s favorite songs as she is a fan of Elida Reyna and wanted to do a cover with a new twist.
“This song is super fun and makes me want to dance, and I feel it’s the perfect summer kickoff song as it makes me happy every time I hear it and I hope it makes you all happy too,” Salazar said. “I’m super excited to do this cover. Elida Reyna is one of my favorite artists and the second I heard ‘Adicta’ I knew I wanted to cover it. It reminded me so much about the love my parents have for each other. They are addicted to each other.”
“Adicta” will be available soon at all digital musical platforms.
Salazar is an award-winning singer from Taos, New Mexico. Her debut single, “Have You Ever Seen the Rain (Gracias al Sol)” won Crossover Song of the Year at the 2019 New Mexico Hispano Music Awards. She won in the same category for “En El Cielo” this past January.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Javier Galvan remains hospitalized in critical condition days after fatal crash
- Governor Abbott Announces El Paso Designated As Music Friendly Community
- Sonja De La Paz ramping up solo debut album