It’s the first musical project from New Mex Records and Salazar debuted the song during a Facebook Live video on May 16. The fun and energetic cumbia is one of the 15-year old singer’s favorite songs as she is a fan of Elida Reyna and wanted to do a cover with a new twist.
“This song is super fun and makes me want to dance, and I feel it’s the perfect summer kickoff song as it makes me happy every time I hear it and I hope it makes you all happy too,” Salazar said. “I’m super excited to do this cover. Elida Reyna is one of my favorite artists and the second I heard ‘Adicta’ I knew I wanted to cover it. It reminded me so much about the love my parents have for each other. They are addicted to each other.”
“Adicta” will be available soon at all digital musical platforms.
Salazar is an award-winning singer from Taos, New Mexico. Her debut single, “Have You Ever Seen the Rain (Gracias al Sol)” won Crossover Song of the Year at the 2019 New Mexico Hispano Music Awards. She won in the same category for “En El Cielo” this past January.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Beatriz Y Deztino return with new single and video ‘Muevelo’
- Tejanas Unidas En Cristo premiere beautiful visual for ‘Aqui Estas’ collaboration
- Legendary Los Fabulosos 4 guitarist Encarnacion Fuentes Jr passes away at 72
- Highly-anticipated Tejanas Unidas En Cristo collaboration ‘Aqui Estas’ officially released
- Hector Gonzalez of Los 2Gs hospitalized in critical condition with COVID-19