Singer and songwriter Jose Ricardo is set to release his second single, “Quiero,” an original song from his upcoming debut album.
“It’s a really, really good cumbia,” Jose Ricardo told Tejano Nation. “Actually I’ve had it in the vault for just a little bit, meaning I’ve had it but no one has heard it really, other than maybe a handful of people so I decided to go ahead and release it.”
Jose Ricardo has spent over 20 years in the Tejano music industry as a vocalist and songwriter with a vault filled with music, enough for more than three albums.
“I have so much original music and I think La Onda needs originality,” he said. “I think originality is really needed and something that is good that brings vibrance to our industry.”
The singer plans to release his debut album in late 2020 or early 2021.
“Quiero” will be available at all digital music platforms on May 11.
Jose Ricardo Y Legado perform “Quiero” on “Domingo Live”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Intocable adds second drive-in concert date in Hidalgo on June 7
- Siggno to release ‘Pelicula Vol. 1’ EP on May 29
- Grupo Intocable drive-in concert set for June 6 in Texas
- ‘Tejano America: The Homestyle Edition’ web series premieres May 24
- ‘Selena’ movie finally gets Blu-ray release with extended scenes, documentary