David Lee Rodriquez has dropped the official music video for “Empiezo A Olvidarte,” the latest release from his Latin Grammy-nominated album Así Me Enseñaron.
“It’s kind of a breakup song,” Rodriquez told Tejano Nation. “It’s a guy who is still in love with his lady and can’t get her off of his mind but realizes ‘I’ve got to move on’ and he has to face reality and with the video, we put a major twist on the end.”
The video was filmed and directed by Rodriquez’s 15-year-old son.
“I was floored by what he came up with,” Rodriquez said about the video. “That ending changes completely what you would think the song is at first and then you see the ending and you think whoa, now I get it.”
Rodriquez is still on cloud nine since his debut album received a Latin Grammy nomination last year. “Ooh man, what a feeling,” he said. “It feels surreal, whenever Jorge (Marroquin of M Group) called and told me the news, I kid you not, I just looked up at the sky and said, ‘God, Thank you,’ and tears came down my eyes. What an amazing feeling to have your debut CD go that far!”
The singer is working on his sophomore album with multiple Grammy-winning producer Gilbert Velasquez and plans to release it in late 2020 or early 2021.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- The Homeboyz celebrate life with new single and video ‘Mi Ultimo Dia’
- Stevie D adds Rebecca Valadez to All-Star Cast as production of next album continues
- Domino’s offering half off all menu-priced pizzas ordered online thru Aug. 21
- La 45 teams with David Lee Garza and Cezar Martinez for ‘La Embarcación’ collaboration
- Cántame Music Fest organizers plan to reschedule La Mafia performance after it was stopped abruptly during first song