Elida Reyna has accomplished a lot over her 25-year music career with countless hit songs and albums, two Latin Grammy Awards, and the second-most wins in Tejano Music Awards history, just behind late Tejano icon Jimmy Gonzalez, the most by any woman.
The songstress has plans to expand beyond music with future endeavors, according to a recent interview.
“I just feel like there is so much more that we can add to this empire,” Reyna told the Professional Valley Talk podcast. “I want to expand and just explore to move forward and try other things. Why am I gonna limit myself?”
“I think, we as Tejanos, we belittle ourselves,” she added. “You’ve got to think positive. You gotta be a go-getter. You just have to not be scared and just do it.”
Elida recently announced plans to move to San Antonio, where she will open a couple of businesses while continuing to expand her cosmetics line, Colores that sold out in two weeks after its release last year.
The singer is poised to make bold moves this year all while working on her next album with her group Avante. It will be the follow-up to Colores released in 2018, an album that scored a Latin Grammy win for Best Tejano Album last year.
WATCH: Elida Reyna Making Bold Moves
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique