Selena’s widower says he was not involved in the making of a new Netflix series about the late singer’s life.
“Here is a pic I just saw of the actor playing me in the Netflix series,” he captioned a photo of the actor portraying him. “For the record, never met him, haven’t seen the script, and I have NO idea what is going on…..But I’d love to find out.”
Selena’s family collaborated with the show’s creators, and her father Abraham Quintanilla Jr., and sister, Suzette Quintanilla, are executive producers. However, the family has had a strained relationship with Perez for years since a lawsuit over a separate TV series based on Perez’s book, To Selena, With Love. The lawsuit has dismissed last year after an agreement.
Actress Christian Serratos plays the Tejana singer, while Perez is played by actor Jesse Posey.
Posey, who is the brother of Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey, posted photos from the show last week in honor of the 25th anniversary of Selena’s death.
“Selena’s personal life has made an impact on how I perceive mine. Her love for her family, husband, fans, and her other passions, was one of a kind,” Posey wrote. “She knew how to connect with her audience. She made her fans feel special, and people knew her interactions with them were genuine. She was born an icon but always remained humble.”
The Netflix series is expected to premiere some time this year.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Jay Perez invited to perform with Miami Symphony on June 8
- David Beck’s Tejano Weekend premieres ‘La Ronera’ single and video from ‘Dos Exitos’ EP
- Los Desperadoz back on the road, release new single ‘Un Milagro’
- Palomino Fest returns to the Uvalde County Fairplex for Labor Day Weekend 2021
- AB Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Kingz Allstarz with Pete Astudillo headline Fiesta de Mayo in Houston Memorial Day Weekend