The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Awards have officially been postponed. The annual awards show, which was originally scheduled to take place on Sunday, March 29 at The Shrine Auditorium and broadcast live on FOX will now be rescheduled amid growing Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns.
In an official statement, iHeartRadio explained, “As you may know, the Shrine in Los Angeles recently announced that it is officially closed for events through March 31the earliest — which includes the iHeartRadio Music Awards scheduled to air on FOX, Sunday, March 29. The safety of our guests, employees, artists and partners is our main priority. iHeartMedia and FOX will plan to reschedule at the appropriate time and will provide more information and relevant updates as they become available. Refunds are being issued to ticketed guests.”
The iHeartRadio Music Awards are fueled by fans, and fan armies have been voting up a storm via social media, of which votes are still valid and being counted until the end of the voting period which is 8PM ET / 5PM PT on Monday, March 23rd, except for the Best Fan Army Award which voting is open until 12pm ET / 9am PT on Friday, March 27th.
More details on a new date for this year’s iHRMAs will be revealed later on.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Perrier Launches Limited-Edition Can Inspired by Día de Los Muertos
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez
- Mar García debuts new single and video ‘Quiero Volver’
- Abraham Quintanilla address those that feel he is profiting from his daughter’s death and announces new Selena album