The singer, who turned 23-years-old on March 2, performed a medley of Selena hits including “Como La Flor,” “La Carcacha,” “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” and “Baila Esta Cumbia” as the stadium erupted when the first note blasted through the speakers.
Becky G is one of many of today’s pop stars that are influenced by the Queen of Cumbia and she spoke about that influence in an interview after the release of the Spanglish remix of “Si Una Vez” with Play-N-Skillz, Frankie J and Kap G. “So many people still feel connected to her and her legacy remains,” she said. “She’s somebody that I look to for guidance and look to for reference of whatever decision it is that I make in my career.”
Becky G was recently announced as one of the performers at the upcoming Selena XXV event at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on May 9 celebrating 25 years of Selena’s legacy.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- La Fiebre celebrates release of ‘Histórico’ album with live-streamed concert on June 25
- Jarritos and Duolingo Offer Chance to Win Free Premium Spanish Lessons and a Trip for Two to Mexico
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021