The singer, who turned 23-years-old on March 2, performed a medley of Selena hits including “Como La Flor,” “La Carcacha,” “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” and “Baila Esta Cumbia” as the stadium erupted when the first note blasted through the speakers.
Becky G is one of many of today’s pop stars that are influenced by the Queen of Cumbia and she spoke about that influence in an interview after the release of the Spanglish remix of “Si Una Vez” with Play-N-Skillz, Frankie J and Kap G. “So many people still feel connected to her and her legacy remains,” she said. “She’s somebody that I look to for guidance and look to for reference of whatever decision it is that I make in my career.”
Becky G was recently announced as one of the performers at the upcoming Selena XXV event at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on May 9 celebrating 25 years of Selena’s legacy.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- South TX Homies receive Latin Grammy nomination for debut album
- ‘Por Un Beso’ focuses on relationship origin of Aisha and her husband
- 2020 Latin Grammy nominations for Best Tejano Album announced
- Ceci Zavala drops electrocumbia version of ‘Tik Tok’ for solo debut single
- DJ Kane returns with feel-good optimistic track ‘Bajo Las Estrellas’ ft. Prana