The singer, who turned 23-years-old on March 2, performed a medley of Selena hits including “Como La Flor,” “La Carcacha,” “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” and “Baila Esta Cumbia” as the stadium erupted when the first note blasted through the speakers.
Becky G is one of many of today’s pop stars that are influenced by the Queen of Cumbia and she spoke about that influence in an interview after the release of the Spanglish remix of “Si Una Vez” with Play-N-Skillz, Frankie J and Kap G. “So many people still feel connected to her and her legacy remains,” she said. “She’s somebody that I look to for guidance and look to for reference of whatever decision it is that I make in my career.”
Becky G was recently announced as one of the performers at the upcoming Selena XXV event at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on May 9 celebrating 25 years of Selena’s legacy.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Jr. Aldaco and the Midwest Allstars release “Nomas Contigo” from upcoming debut album
- Vault Studios to host online discussion about Selena true-crime podcast
- Tekno Mex singer Sonja De La Paz drops impressive solo debut ‘Contigo’
- Award-winning young singer Mia Garcia releases bilingual children’s book
- Cindy Ramos showcases Conjunto roots with sophomore album ‘Inicios’