The singer, who turned 23-years-old on March 2, performed a medley of Selena hits including “Como La Flor,” “La Carcacha,” “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” and “Baila Esta Cumbia” as the stadium erupted when the first note blasted through the speakers.
Becky G is one of many of today’s pop stars that are influenced by the Queen of Cumbia and she spoke about that influence in an interview after the release of the Spanglish remix of “Si Una Vez” with Play-N-Skillz, Frankie J and Kap G. “So many people still feel connected to her and her legacy remains,” she said. “She’s somebody that I look to for guidance and look to for reference of whatever decision it is that I make in my career.”
Becky G was recently announced as one of the performers at the upcoming Selena XXV event at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on May 9 celebrating 25 years of Selena’s legacy.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Anything For Selena’ podcast focuses on cultural impact of late Latin music icon
- Ram Herrera is ‘Back On Track’ with long-awaited new album
- Fiesta San Antonio Commission planning 2021 event with public health care expert
- Destiny Navaira drops ‘Contigo Sin Ti’ video teaser
- 2021 Grammy Awards postponed over COVID-19 concerns