The singer, who turned 23-years-old on March 2, performed a medley of Selena hits including “Como La Flor,” “La Carcacha,” “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” and “Baila Esta Cumbia” as the stadium erupted when the first note blasted through the speakers.
Becky G is one of many of today’s pop stars that are influenced by the Queen of Cumbia and she spoke about that influence in an interview after the release of the Spanglish remix of “Si Una Vez” with Play-N-Skillz, Frankie J and Kap G. “So many people still feel connected to her and her legacy remains,” she said. “She’s somebody that I look to for guidance and look to for reference of whatever decision it is that I make in my career.”
Becky G was recently announced as one of the performers at the upcoming Selena XXV event at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on May 9 celebrating 25 years of Selena’s legacy.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Behind The Scenes of Siggno’s hit single and video ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’ featuring Chris Perez
- Nominations open for 41st annual Tejano Music Awards
- Amazon Studios Presents Voices/Voces: An Entertainment Celebration for Hispanic Heritage Month On September 30
- Eiza González Receives IMDb STARmeter Award
- Beatriz Y Deztino return with new single and video ‘Muevelo’