Reyna shared details about the track, co-written by Juan Treviño and her husband Lalo Reyna, Avante drummer and bandleader, in an interview with Tejano Nation radio affiliate La Voz 93.3 in Abilene, Texas on March 4.
“The rhythm is happy, it’s a happy song but at the same time the lyrics are somewhat melancholic,” she said. “It’s a heartbreaker. Alas rotas, broken wings, that should say it all.”
Reyna was recently announced as one of the performers for the Selena XXV event at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on May 9.
“When you can say that you’re sharing the stage with Pitbull and Becky G, you know that’s big,” said Elida. “These are the kinds of shows that we as artists we look forward to. Everything you’ve done throughout the years it leads up to moments like that and we’re very excited.”
Elida also revealed details on her planned move to San Antonio, her upcoming tour and much more.
“Alas Rotas” will be released to all major digital music platforms on March 20.
Listen to the full interview with Elida Reyna on La Voz 93.3 below.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Erika Renée drops ‘La Número Seis’ from upcoming debut album
- Bobby Pulido chats about his upcoming 25th anniversary live virtual concert celebration
- Little Joe to celebrate 80th birthday with virtual Onda Live! finale on Oct. 29
- George Mercado: From Liking to Respecting Tejano as ‘The Tex-Mex Cowboy’
- Miguel Hernandez releases ‘Homenaje’ to legendary band La Sombra