The career of “El Gato Negro” spans more than five decades and is an icon of Tejano music. The singer, who just turned 80 years old on Feb. 9, spoke about his triple bypass heart surgery in 2018 and the importance of health, especially for men.
Ramos added he plans to release his first-ever live concert album soon and his film role in the movie “On American Soil.”
Listen to the full interview with Ruben Ramos on the latest episode of the Cruz Control with AC Cruz Behind The Mic podcast below. Hear previous episodes and get more details at CruzControlWithACCruz.com.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Selena is the subject of new UTSA course this fall
- Ricardo Chavira talks ‘Selena’ Netflix series, portraying Abraham Quintanilla
- Bobby Pulido releases live concert album ‘En Vivo Desde Las Vegas’ featuring Roberto Pulido and Raulito Navaira
- Frankie J returns to his roots with new album ‘Canciones Que Recuerdo’
- Little Joe to release live concert album ‘Better Than Ever’ on May 29