Isabel Marie Sanchez and the Youth Orchestras of San Antonio (YOSA) will honor late Latin music icon Selena with a special musical tribute performance at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts in San Antonio, Texas, on March 9.
YOSA partnered up with the McNay Art Museum for a one of a kind collaboration leading up to YOSA presents: Viva Selena.
Sanchez and members of the YOSA Philharmonic performed a small teaser of our upcoming concert, Viva Selena, in the Selena Forever/Siempre Selena exhibit at the McNay Art Museum. You can watch the teaser on the YOSA Facebook page.
The spectacular musical tribute will honor the life and legacy of the “Queen of Cumbia” 25 years after her passing with a night of music and celebration. This unique performance is a variation of “YOSA Classic Albums Live,” the annual pop series that features recreations of iconic records and artists. Tickets available online at music.yosa.org/viva.
And be sure to check out Selena Forever/Siempre Selena at the McNay now through July 5, the exhibit is included in admission and FREE on Thursday nights 4-9 pm and the first Sunday of every month.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Perrier Launches Limited-Edition Can Inspired by Día de Los Muertos
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez
- Mar García debuts new single and video ‘Quiero Volver’
- Abraham Quintanilla address those that feel he is profiting from his daughter’s death and announces new Selena album