Tejano music legend David Lee Garza made a surprise appearance with Jon Pardi during the country star’s performance at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo on Feb. 9.
The sold-out crowd at the AT&T Center witnessed history as Pardi invited Garza on stage to perform two songs, “She Ain’t In It” and “Tequila Little Time.”
Pardi shared a video of the backstage rehearsal on Wednesday via social media with the caption, “Wild weekend in OK and TX! It was honor to close it out in San Antonio at the rodeo with the one and only David Lee Garza. That’s gonna be tough to top!”
Garza revealed how the pairing was made during an interview with Tejano Nation radio affiliate KLMO 98.9 FM on Wednesday. One of Pardi’s best friends is the son of Garza’s old schoolmate. The day before the performance, Garza received a phone call from his friend’s son about the possibility of an appearance on Sunday night. The Grammy-winning accordionist was able to arrange his schedule to make the show.
“It happened, it was a great experience,” said Garza. “They’re great people. Jon Pardi got his whole band backstage, we had a blast. We did those two songs backstage warming up. He said, ‘C’mon let’s grab the accordion, let’s do this’…and the fiddle player and we had a great time.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique