Tejano music legend David Lee Garza made a surprise appearance with Jon Pardi during the country star’s performance at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo on Feb. 9.
The sold-out crowd at the AT&T Center witnessed history as Pardi invited Garza on stage to perform two songs, “She Ain’t In It” and “Tequila Little Time.”
Pardi shared a video of the backstage rehearsal on Wednesday via social media with the caption, “Wild weekend in OK and TX! It was honor to close it out in San Antonio at the rodeo with the one and only David Lee Garza. That’s gonna be tough to top!”
Garza revealed how the pairing was made during an interview with Tejano Nation radio affiliate KLMO 98.9 FM on Wednesday. One of Pardi’s best friends is the son of Garza’s old schoolmate. The day before the performance, Garza received a phone call from his friend’s son about the possibility of an appearance on Sunday night. The Grammy-winning accordionist was able to arrange his schedule to make the show.
“It happened, it was a great experience,” said Garza. “They’re great people. Jon Pardi got his whole band backstage, we had a blast. We did those two songs backstage warming up. He said, ‘C’mon let’s grab the accordion, let’s do this’…and the fiddle player and we had a great time.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Tejano America: The Homestyle Edition’ web series premieres May 24
- ‘Selena’ movie finally gets Blu-ray release with extended scenes, documentary
- Grupo Alamo drop Rodney Alejandro remix of “Amarte Hasta El Final” featuring Mark Ledesma
- Selena XXV Tribute Concert officially canceled
- Multi-award winning teen singer Gabriella Salazar covers ‘Adicta’ for new single to kick off summer