Tejano music legend David Lee Garza made a surprise appearance with Jon Pardi during the country star’s performance at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo on Feb. 9.
The sold-out crowd at the AT&T Center witnessed history as Pardi invited Garza on stage to perform two songs, “She Ain’t In It” and “Tequila Little Time.”
Pardi shared a video of the backstage rehearsal on Wednesday via social media with the caption, “Wild weekend in OK and TX! It was honor to close it out in San Antonio at the rodeo with the one and only David Lee Garza. That’s gonna be tough to top!”
Garza revealed how the pairing was made during an interview with Tejano Nation radio affiliate KLMO 98.9 FM on Wednesday. One of Pardi’s best friends is the son of Garza’s old schoolmate. The day before the performance, Garza received a phone call from his friend’s son about the possibility of an appearance on Sunday night. The Grammy-winning accordionist was able to arrange his schedule to make the show.
“It happened, it was a great experience,” said Garza. “They’re great people. Jon Pardi got his whole band backstage, we had a blast. We did those two songs backstage warming up. He said, ‘C’mon let’s grab the accordion, let’s do this’…and the fiddle player and we had a great time.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album
- Netflix reveals premiere date for ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2