South Tx Homies released their debut single “Te Vas Te Vas” on Jan. 24 as the band jumps into the Conjunto music scene with veteran musicians.
The group features former Hometown Boys accordionist Anthony Treviño, along with guitarist Luis Flores, drummer Javier Torres, vocalist Andrew Rodriguez, and bassist Jesse “Chuy” Flores.
Trevino and Flores shared details on the new group in an exclusive interview with Tejano Nation contributor Juan Morin. “This is something that has kind of been in the works for a little bit,” he said. “It’s not really our brainchild…but this is South TX Homies and we’re comin’ at you guys.”
“Te Vas Te Vas” was produced by Latin Grammy winner Lorenzo “Papo” Banda and is available now at all digital music platforms.
South Tx Homies describe their sound as Tejano/Conjunto and added they look to take things to a new level with familiar faces. A full album is in the works and expected to be released soon.
South TX Homies — “Te Vas Te Vas”
For breaking Tejano news follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive artist interviews. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Destiny Navaira heads up event at UTSA to bring Tejano music to a new generation
- Tristan Ramos recovering after emergency brain surgery
- Jesse Turner of Siggno gives aspiring young accordionist lessons in streets of Lubbock
- Destiny Navaira shares behind the scenes photos of ‘Eclipse’ music video
- Tajin and Bud Light deliver on fans popular request and introduce new Bud Light Chelada Tajín Chile Limón
0 comments on “South TX Homies talk debut single ‘Te Vas Te Vas’ + more [VIDEO]”