A video posted on Siggno’s YouTube channel shows Turner receiving an injection to help with back pain. The singer and musician can also be seen performing with the help of a chair later in the video. Musician Lalo Morales was asked to fill-in on the accordion when Turner was not able to play for Siggno’s performance in the border town.
Former Siggno member David Rosas filled in for current percussionist Jorge Torres who missed the Nuevo Laredo show due to a family commitment.
Turner gave full details via social media sharing the YouTube video on Dec. 30. “Our last performance of the year,” he said on Facebook. “We had to cancel Aguascalientes, Dr said plz cancel Nuevo Laredo, but I didn’t. Jorge had an absence of leave so my old friend David Rosas helped us out, I couldn’t play the accordion so my other friend Lalo Morales came to help out. Crazy weekend. Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel.”
“I was honestly in pain when I went up to sing in Nuevo Laredo but I already have my appointments for a specialist,” Turner said in another Facebook post with a video of him painfully walking to his home from his car. “Good thing I’m already on vacation!”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Ceci Zavala drops electrocumbia version of ‘Tik Tok’ for solo debut single
- DJ Kane returns with feel-good optimistic track ‘Bajo Las Estrellas’ ft. Prana
- Monica Saldivar releases video for breakup song ‘Revolución’
- AJ Castillo returns to stage at Buck’s Backyard in Buda on Oct. 3
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash