J.R. Gomez is getting hitched!
The veteran musician and singer is engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Savannah Minjarez, after six years of dating.
Gomez captioned a photo of an engagement ring on social media, “I popped the big question and she said yes. We are engaged.”
Minjarez shared details on the special moment. ” I never thought this day would come…as I was sitting on the couch, JR got on one knee and proposed to me. I couldn’t even answer, I was just crying so much. Of course, I said yes. WE ARE ENGAGED!”
“I think she was pretty surprised when I asked her,” Gomez added. “Super blessed and happy. Man, I cant wait to plan this badass wedding.”
Congratulations to the couple on their engagement!
After decades in the music business with Tejano groups Kumbia All Starz, Jay Perez, Jimmy Gonzalez y Grupo Mazz and many others, Gomez struck out on his own in early 2018 with his own four-piece Conjunto called J.R. Gomez y Los Conjunto Bandits. The band’s debut album, “Cervezas Y Gritos,” was released earlier this year.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album
- Netflix reveals premiere date for ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2
- Erika Renée dedicates latest single ‘Mi Linda Ilusion’ to late mother
- ‘Anything For Selena’ podcast focuses on cultural impact of late Latin music icon