Veronique Medrano, a six-time Tejano Music Awards nominee, born and raised in Brownsville, Texas, has been selected to sing the national anthem and perform a few songs from her new album at the San Antonio Rampage “Chimuelos” game on December 27.
Veronique, an avid supporter of the San Antonio hockey team, is elated to finally be able to combine her love of Tejano and hockey into one bow this holiday season.
When asked why she wants to share her music this way versus other means, “I have a wonderful relationship with the folks at the San Antonio Rampage,” she said. “I’ve been to multiple games throughout the year that I’ve lived here in San Antonio and I really want others to see that we are celebrated in hockey. As an avid hockey fan, it’s an honor to have them not only pick me to sing the national anthem but to create an event like this just for the fans.”
Outside of a few posts on Twitter and a teaser photo here and there on other social media platforms and a teaser on her youtube “Vlogmas” video, this is the first that fans are hearing of new music to be released.
“This year has been full of surprises, but yes, to answer the question simply, there is new music coming out this year leading into the new year,” she said. “The record is one I wrote from start to finish and collaborated with Mike Torres III from La 45, the producer on my new record. We’re all gonna be saying Hola to 2020 y Adios to 2019.”
Come out with music artist Veronique Medrano and watch Chimuelos de San Antonio take on the Texas Stars! Tickets range from $15-$24 on https://groupmatics.events/event/puroparty or call Bo Molina at 210-444-5659. The event is for all ages.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Perrier Launches Limited-Edition Can Inspired by Día de Los Muertos
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez
- Mar García debuts new single and video ‘Quiero Volver’
- Abraham Quintanilla address those that feel he is profiting from his daughter’s death and announces new Selena album