Masizzo released a new single with a lyric video for “Insuficiente,” on December 7.
“Insuficiente,” written by Wences Romo, is the first single from the group with new drummer Joey “JMZ” Jimenez. The talented baterista spent eight years with Siggno until leaving the band in January to pursue other interests, eventually joining Masizzo this past August.
Original band member Bryan Ramirez spoke about the addition of Jimenez and his nephew Isaias Ramirez as lead vocalist for the next edition of Masizzo. “Joey just wasn’t going to go with any band, we know that,” he told Tejano Nation in a recent interview. “What he saw in Masizzo and what he saw in my nephew really helped his decision out and this is where we’re at now and God knows what’s in store.”
“Having him, Joey, in the band and my nephew, to me, it’s changed the band, it’s changed the whole perception of us, I guess, people have noticed more what we’re doing,” he added. “With the new album coming out and new songs coming out, we’re going to show them what we can do.”
Masizzo — “Insuficiente”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Isabel Marie drops the title track of Latin Grammy-nominated EP ‘Una Ilusión’
- Da Krazy Pimpz showcase unique sound and style on ‘Ya No Te Estorbo’
- 2nd Annual Southside Vaquero Breakfast will kick off San Antonio Rodeo season on Jan. 27 with free food and live music
- UnidosUS Report Finds Food Insecurity Highest Among Latinos in Rural Communities
- Intocable earns Premio Lo Nuestro nomination for ‘Si Me Duele Que Duela’