Masizzo released a new single with a lyric video for “Insuficiente,” on December 7.
“Insuficiente,” written by Wences Romo, is the first single from the group with new drummer Joey “JMZ” Jimenez. The talented baterista spent eight years with Siggno until leaving the band in January to pursue other interests, eventually joining Masizzo this past August.
Original band member Bryan Ramirez spoke about the addition of Jimenez and his nephew Isaias Ramirez as lead vocalist for the next edition of Masizzo. “Joey just wasn’t going to go with any band, we know that,” he told Tejano Nation in a recent interview. “What he saw in Masizzo and what he saw in my nephew really helped his decision out and this is where we’re at now and God knows what’s in store.”
“Having him, Joey, in the band and my nephew, to me, it’s changed the band, it’s changed the whole perception of us, I guess, people have noticed more what we’re doing,” he added. “With the new album coming out and new songs coming out, we’re going to show them what we can do.”
Masizzo — “Insuficiente”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album
- Netflix reveals premiere date for ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2