KRIS-TV reports the 27-year-old singer was stopped for speeding by a Texas Department Of Public Safety (DPS) trooper while driving 81 miles per hour in a 65 miles per hour zone on a highway just west of Robstown, Texas at around 11 p.m. on Nov. 21.
According to the arrest report, the trooper noticed an open alcohol container inside the vehicle and determined Martinez was under the influence of alcohol. The singer was arrested and taken to the Nueces County Jail.
Martinez, who is also a Robstown city councilman, was later released on a $500 bond.
Read the full story at KRISTV.com.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Javier Galvan remains hospitalized in critical condition days after fatal crash
- Governor Abbott Announces El Paso Designated As Music Friendly Community
- Sonja De La Paz ramping up solo debut album