KRIS-TV reports the 27-year-old singer was stopped for speeding by a Texas Department Of Public Safety (DPS) trooper while driving 81 miles per hour in a 65 miles per hour zone on a highway just west of Robstown, Texas at around 11 p.m. on Nov. 21.
According to the arrest report, the trooper noticed an open alcohol container inside the vehicle and determined Martinez was under the influence of alcohol. The singer was arrested and taken to the Nueces County Jail.
Martinez, who is also a Robstown city councilman, was later released on a $500 bond.
Read the full story at KRISTV.com.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Los Arcos Hermanos Peña to be Official Showcase Artists at 2022 Folk Alliance International Conference in Kansas City
- Eric Lee presents a virtual experience with ‘Wasabi’ visual from ‘Toda La Noche’ EP
- Tejano Conjunto Festival celebrates 40th anniversary with live music, film festival + more in San Antonio on May 16-22
- Country Music Legend’s Death Spurs Conversation on Lethal Means Safety, Mental Health, and Suicide
- Veteran Owned Coffee Company Taps Into Tejano Culture