The 29-year-old reality star has aspired to be a singer since she was a young girl and she told Tejano Nation host Sylvia Carrizales that the late Tejano icon has been a major influence for her.
“Ever since I was a little girl Selena has been such an influence,” said Acevedo. “I love what she stood for, you know, her music, her connections to her fans and for me, she’s just someone I idolized. She’s always close to my heart and she has a lot of influence in me.”
Stephanie Acevedo talks influence of Selena on her music
Acevedo’s dream came true when she signed with Young Money Records in 2015 and was featured as a backup singer on Lil Wayne’s 2015 song, “Crystal Ball.” She also released her solo debut video, “Acércate.”
Stephanie Acevedo — Acércate (Official Music Video)
The model and actress has always shown love to her idol, Selena. Even posting an Instagram video of her channeling the “Queen of Cumbia” singing to “No Me Queda Mas.”
Set in Miami, Fla., “Cartel Crew” takes a deep look into the lives of eight descendants of the Cartel life as they navigate adulthood and the effects the legacy has had on their upbringing. The second season currently airs Mondays on VH1 at 9pm ET/PT.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- La Fiebre celebrates release of ‘Histórico’ album with live-streamed concert on June 25
- Jarritos and Duolingo Offer Chance to Win Free Premium Spanish Lessons and a Trip for Two to Mexico
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021