The 29-year-old reality star has aspired to be a singer since she was a young girl and she told Tejano Nation host Sylvia Carrizales that the late Tejano icon has been a major influence for her.
“Ever since I was a little girl Selena has been such an influence,” said Acevedo. “I love what she stood for, you know, her music, her connections to her fans and for me, she’s just someone I idolized. She’s always close to my heart and she has a lot of influence in me.”
Stephanie Acevedo talks influence of Selena on her music
Acevedo’s dream came true when she signed with Young Money Records in 2015 and was featured as a backup singer on Lil Wayne’s 2015 song, “Crystal Ball.” She also released her solo debut video, “Acércate.”
Stephanie Acevedo — Acércate (Official Music Video)
The model and actress has always shown love to her idol, Selena. Even posting an Instagram video of her channeling the “Queen of Cumbia” singing to “No Me Queda Mas.”
Set in Miami, Fla., “Cartel Crew” takes a deep look into the lives of eight descendants of the Cartel life as they navigate adulthood and the effects the legacy has had on their upbringing. The second season currently airs Mondays on VH1 at 9pm ET/PT.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center Announces the 43rd CineFestival San Antonio on July 6-10
- Tejano Music Awards TV adds veteran radio and television personality Bonnie Hernández as co-host
- Grupo Fuerte returns with ‘Mucho Corazon’ single celebrating 25 years in Tejano
- TMA Best New Female Artist Liz Garcia Gives Back to Uvalde and Continues Forging Her Own Path Forward
- The Cen-Tex Hispanic Chamber launches Escalando, the first small business assistance program in Waco area taught in Spanish