Sarah Monique teamed with Tejano music icon Shelly Lares for the collaboration “Brindo Contigo” released on MAR Records.
The track, written by Gerardo Alvarez and Miguel A. Lopez, is the latest single from Sarah Monique’s latest album, “Esta Noche Te Olvido,” released in 2018.
“This song meant so much to me, not only because one of my idols recorded with me, Shelly Lares, but because of the message that it brings and it helps women stay strong and positive throughout any situation that they encounter when they are in or out of a relationship,” Sarah Monique told Tejano Nation.
Lares is a major influence for Sarah Monique with a legendary career that spans 37 years, beginning when Lares was just a young girl. Sarah Monique reached out to “Little Miss Dynamite” to be a part of the song.
“When I heard it I thought it was fun and catchy and I really wanted someone as a strong voice as well,” Sarah Monique said. “Two women coming together and having that bond.”
The duet is currently on the Public Ballot in the category for Collaboration of the Year at the 39th annual Tejano Music Awards.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our Spotify playlists and iHeartRadio podcast.
- Don Francisco Recieves Tribute and ‘Icon of Generations’ Award at Latino Wallstreet Awards
- Freddie Records shares rare photos of Jimmy Gonzalez’s demo tape over 20 years later
- Alessandra Villegas returns to Vme TV más ‘Esplendida’ que nunca!
- Steffanie Martinez releases debut Tejano album ‘La Vida’
- Petition hopes to get Tex-Mex legend Freddy Fender into Country Music Hall of Fame
0 comments on “Sarah Monique teams with Shelly Lares for ‘Brindo Contigo’ [AUDIO]”