The feel-good cumbia, with a great beat and catchy melody, was written by Rene De La Cerda and recorded, mixed and produced by Eddie Perez.
“I was searching for a cumbia to complete my album and when I heard the first line, ‘Siento el corazon herida,’ I was hooked,” Missy told Tejano Nation about her latest single. “Then I heard the chorus, ‘Enregate completamente todo,’ I knew when my fans, male or female, could relate to how we all want to be loved. We all strive for that 100% in our relationships! ‘Entregate’ is the song to surely encourage that!”
Missy, formerly from Missy Y Xpression, took a break from the Tejano music scene a few years ago to start a family.
“Three years after my daughter Melody was born I was diagnosed with stage four lymphoma in 2009,” Missy told Tejano Nation. “After my chemotherapy and radiation treatments, five years later, I was considered a cancer survivor! At that time I knew it was time to get back to the music and make some noise.”
Since coming back to music in April of 2015, the singer from Persall, Texas has been playing venues across Texas and says her music is influenced by powerful female vocalists.
“Entregate” is available now at all major digital music platforms.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
LISTEN: Missy — “Entregate”
- Anjelique and Sweet City Band drop second single of 2020, ‘En Trance’
- Cortney releases ‘Ansias Locas’ from upcoming debut album
- Family of late Tejano icon Jimmy González provide meals for frontline heroes
- DJ Kane signs with Faro Latino, plans new album with own label
- Sonja De La Paz on success of solo debut single, upcoming album + more with Cruz Control Podcast