The feel-good cumbia, with a great beat and catchy melody, was written by Rene De La Cerda and recorded, mixed and produced by Eddie Perez.
“I was searching for a cumbia to complete my album and when I heard the first line, ‘Siento el corazon herida,’ I was hooked,” Missy told Tejano Nation about her latest single. “Then I heard the chorus, ‘Enregate completamente todo,’ I knew when my fans, male or female, could relate to how we all want to be loved. We all strive for that 100% in our relationships! ‘Entregate’ is the song to surely encourage that!”
Missy, formerly from Missy Y Xpression, took a break from the Tejano music scene a few years ago to start a family.
“Three years after my daughter Melody was born I was diagnosed with stage four lymphoma in 2009,” Missy told Tejano Nation. “After my chemotherapy and radiation treatments, five years later, I was considered a cancer survivor! At that time I knew it was time to get back to the music and make some noise.”
Since coming back to music in April of 2015, the singer from Persall, Texas has been playing venues across Texas and says her music is influenced by powerful female vocalists.
“Entregate” is available now at all major digital music platforms.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
LISTEN: Missy — “Entregate”
- Los Palominos return with a cover of classic hit ‘No Le Digas A Nadie’
- SESAC honors Latin Music at 2022 Latina Music Awards
- Cheech Marin, Brand Ambassador for TP Mezcal, Proudly Opens the Cheech Center for Chicano Art
- Isabel Marie Sanchez brings fresh cumbia vibes with ‘Ahora Que Ya Eres Feliz’
- Shelly Lares shares her own Pride story and drops Pride single ‘Break Through’