The singer took himself to the emergency room on June 14 after abdominal pain became unbearable. He had developed an infection after a routine hernia operation in February. Guerrero was hospitalized in March after receiving surgery for hernia complications and intestinal problems. He has suffered from intestinal problems since 2007, according to a recent interview.
He posted a social media video on Wednesday to update fans after his recent visit with doctors.
“I am feeling pretty good,” Guerrero said in the video. “They took the tube out, and my wounds, I don’t have to put dressings on them anymore. They closed up and I’m very happy about that.”
He added fans can expect La Sombra back on stage on Oct. 12 at R&R Cantina in Pasadena, Texas, featuring an appearance by young accordionist Christopher Ramirez.
La Sombra, known as “The Windy City Boys” because of their hometown of Aurora, Illinois near Chicago, released over twenty full-length studio albums featuring songs in both Spanish and English. Their many hits include “Mi Guerita Coca-Cola”, “El Sapo”, “Pepe le Pew”, and “Porque Te Quiero”, the title track from their 1991 album that peaked at the top of the Billboard Regional Mexican Albums Chart for three weeks.
The group has been credited with influencing the Tejano and Cumbia music fields in terms of musical style, dress, and concert performances as well as a generation of newer artists including the Kumbia Kings, according to Wikipedia.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Cumbiaville’ album is ‘dream project’ for Marcus Daniels as he drops ‘Dime Amor’ music video
- Isabel Marie Sanchez celebrates 18th birthday as she readies fifth album
- Marcus Daniels on his love of Tejano culture, new album + more
- ‘Dreaming: A Tribute to Selena’ is a book of her life and legacy told through the eyes of her fans
- Rancho Alegre and Texas Folklife to Present Showcases at Folk Alliance International Conference Feb 24-25