This version of the 1992 hit song from the multiple Grammy winning group features a different, but enjoyable stripped down sound and makes it her own from the original.
“An acoustic version of one of my favorite Tejano songs of all time,” Vela wrote on her YouTube channel. “It’s completely different from the original but I hope you enjoy.”
The 22-year-old singer from Robstown, Texas received praises for her cover, including Cezar Martinez, lead vocalist for David Lee Garza Y Los Musicales. He shared the video on Facebook with the caption, “Such an amazing voice! Awesome job by Allison Vela! Y’all show her some love! Oh and did I mention she’s also from Robstown, Texas (my hometown)?”
Vela’s YouTube channel features many other covers from different music genres, but this is the first Tejano cover posted on her channel.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Isabel Marie drops the title track of Latin Grammy-nominated EP ‘Una Ilusión’
- Da Krazy Pimpz showcase unique sound and style on ‘Ya No Te Estorbo’
- 2nd Annual Southside Vaquero Breakfast will kick off San Antonio Rodeo season on Jan. 27 with free food and live music
- UnidosUS Report Finds Food Insecurity Highest Among Latinos in Rural Communities
- Intocable earns Premio Lo Nuestro nomination for ‘Si Me Duele Que Duela’