This version of the 1992 hit song from the multiple Grammy winning group features a different, but enjoyable stripped down sound and makes it her own from the original.
“An acoustic version of one of my favorite Tejano songs of all time,” Vela wrote on her YouTube channel. “It’s completely different from the original but I hope you enjoy.”
The 22-year-old singer from Robstown, Texas received praises for her cover, including Cezar Martinez, lead vocalist for David Lee Garza Y Los Musicales. He shared the video on Facebook with the caption, “Such an amazing voice! Awesome job by Allison Vela! Y’all show her some love! Oh and did I mention she’s also from Robstown, Texas (my hometown)?”
Vela’s YouTube channel features many other covers from different music genres, but this is the first Tejano cover posted on her channel.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- La Fiebre celebrates release of ‘Histórico’ album with live-streamed concert on June 25
- Jarritos and Duolingo Offer Chance to Win Free Premium Spanish Lessons and a Trip for Two to Mexico
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021