HUNT VALLEY, Md. — (PRNewswire)– In honor of National Taco Day, the McCormick brand announced today the hiring of their first-ever Director of Taco Relations, a position for which they received more than 5,000 applications. Storyteller, content creator, and taco connoisseur Jo Luna has officially been chosen for the highly sought-after role.
Jo’s love of tacos is rooted in her Hispanic heritage and upbringing in the border town of El Paso, Texas; but has only grown as she’s traveled around the world, sharing her culture and cuisine with her diverse set of friends and YouTube channel subscribers.
“McCormick received such an incredible response to this consultant position, and we were floored by not only the number of applications but also the outpouring of love for McCormick Taco Seasoning,” said Jill Pratt, Chief Marketing Excellence Officer for McCormick. “Among thousands of creative and fun video submissions, we were impressed with Jo’s enthusiasm, professionalism, and of course her passion for tacos. We’re confident that Jo is the perfect person to help bring new taco trends to life and develop recipes with our fantastic culinary team as Director of Taco Relations.”
As the first Director of Taco Relations, Jo will work directly with the McCormick brand team to develop delicious out-of-the-box recipes utilizing McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix and connect with fellow taco connoisseurs to discuss the latest flavor trends.
“I can’t express how excited I am for this opportunity to share my genuine love for tacos,” said Jo Luna, Director of Taco Relations for McCormick. “To me, there is no better way to form a connection than by sharing a meal. I am going to show the world just how amazing my heritage is, one taco at a time.”
To help celebrate, McCormick invites fans and taco lovers in New York City, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. to join Jo in celebrating National Taco Day with a free tasty and iconic Fiesta Taco at the following locations:
October 4, National Taco Day (free tacos, starting 12PM local time, while supplies last):
- New York City – 247 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211 — Jo Luna, McCormick Director of Taco Relations will be onsite
- Washington, D.C. – 1250 Half Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Los Angeles – 1323 Abbot Kinney Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291
McCormick has also released the results of a survey polling over 1,000 taco lovers across the country.* The results find that:
- Americans love tacos! Approximately 90% of those polled professed a love for tacos, and this pattern holds true across ages, genders and regions of the country.
- Midwesterners are heavy taco consumers – this region is slightly more likely than others to be eating 16-20 tacos per month.
- One-quarter of Americans are eating “Breakfast Tacos” – those eating tacos for breakfast tend to be Male and living in the West.
- “Taco Tuesday” is alive and well – most Americans (84%) make tacos at home at least once a month, and just over half (55%) of these tacos are made on Tuesdays.
- Four out of ten consumers turn to their package of taco seasoning for their taco recipes, and half of consumers rely on packets of seasoning mix to season their taco meat.
*National Toluna survey of 1,117 U.S. adults (18-54) conducted in August 2021
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
A GoFundMe page has been established for the Tejano ROOTS Hall of Famer as he undergoes cancer treatment.
The song is the lead single from highly-anticipated new album from the legendary group due out May 2023.
The song’s theme was the idea of the Tejano Music Awards winner’s past experiences.