Tejano singer and dance studio business owner Krystal Diaz tied the knot on Friday, Oct. 9 in San Antonio.
“La Reina del Baile” married Gabriel Mendez, a Texas-based musician and radio host, at the historic Little Church of La Villita, followed by an old New York-style reception with immediate family and close friends.
The couple fell in love on the set of her music video, “Te Metiste,” a romantic Cumbia produced by David L. Garza. Mendez portrayed the love interest for Diaz in the visual filmed in downtown San Antonio.
During the pandemic, Diaz planned her wedding, rebuilt her business of twelve years, Danzavida De San Antonio Dance Company, and is in the process of recruiting Latinas to compete in the Miss Reina Latina San Antonio Pageant.
Diaz is currently channeling her musical energy on a new single that is expected to be released soon and she is excited to return to the recording studio and share her new music with her fans.
The singer would like to dedicate “Te Metiste” to all who have experienced falling in love and marrying the love of their life.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Michael Salgado drops video teaser of upcoming country song ‘She Thinks My Name Is Whiskey’
- Adrian Gutierrez honors his parents 30th anniversary with a cover of ‘Y Sigues Siendo Tu’
- Nephew of Tejano icons Los Aguilares releases lead single in homage to family legacy
- EstrellaTV Brings the Sabor to Thursday Nights With ‘MasterChef Latinos’
- Mario Marichalar releases new single ‘Bella’ from upcoming album, shares latest on lawsuit over streaming royalties