This is a beautiful cover of the 1992 hit song recorded by late Latin music icon Selena and Alvaro Torres. This amazing rendition was mixed with a mariachi style by Frankie J and Lupita Infante, the granddaughter of late iconic Mexican singer Pedro Infante and daughter of Pedro Infante, Jr.
“She actually picked the song,” Frankie J shares about the collaboration. “Because she is a big fan of Selena, which I am as well, and I said to her, ‘If we’re going to do a duet…let’s do it in a way where it’s going to fit the album. Let’s do it in mariachi.’
“It’s amazing,” added Frankie J. “I’m just in awe of how this whole entire project came to be and how it all developed. I’m excited!”
This video was filmed in La Placita Olvera and Mariachi Plaza in East Los Angeles, California.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Biggest Accordion Shootout Finale in Tejano history planned at Conjunto Festival in Alice on Nov 12 & 13
- Industry ballot for 41st annual Tejano Music Awards now available online
- Tejano Music Awards makes a return to broadcast TV with virtual event on Dec. 11
- ‘Anything for Selena’ podcast receives Best Spanish Language Podcast nomination at iHeartRadio Podcast Awards
- Hispanic Community Leader Martha Llamas Receives NSRC Champion of Freedom Award