This is a beautiful cover of the 1992 hit song recorded by late Latin music icon Selena and Alvaro Torres. This amazing rendition was mixed with a mariachi style by Frankie J and Lupita Infante, the granddaughter of late iconic Mexican singer Pedro Infante and daughter of Pedro Infante, Jr.
“She actually picked the song,” Frankie J shares about the collaboration. “Because she is a big fan of Selena, which I am as well, and I said to her, ‘If we’re going to do a duet…let’s do it in a way where it’s going to fit the album. Let’s do it in mariachi.’
“It’s amazing,” added Frankie J. “I’m just in awe of how this whole entire project came to be and how it all developed. I’m excited!”
This video was filmed in La Placita Olvera and Mariachi Plaza in East Los Angeles, California.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Jay Perez invited to perform with Miami Symphony on June 8
- David Beck’s Tejano Weekend premieres ‘La Ronera’ single and video from ‘Dos Exitos’ EP
- Los Desperadoz back on the road, release new single ‘Un Milagro’
- Palomino Fest returns to the Uvalde County Fairplex for Labor Day Weekend 2021
- AB Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Kingz Allstarz with Pete Astudillo headline Fiesta de Mayo in Houston Memorial Day Weekend