This is a beautiful cover of the 1992 hit song recorded by late Latin music icon Selena and Alvaro Torres. This amazing rendition was mixed with a mariachi style by Frankie J and Lupita Infante, the granddaughter of late iconic Mexican singer Pedro Infante and daughter of Pedro Infante, Jr.
“She actually picked the song,” Frankie J shares about the collaboration. “Because she is a big fan of Selena, which I am as well, and I said to her, ‘If we’re going to do a duet…let’s do it in a way where it’s going to fit the album. Let’s do it in mariachi.’
“It’s amazing,” added Frankie J. “I’m just in awe of how this whole entire project came to be and how it all developed. I’m excited!”
This video was filmed in La Placita Olvera and Mariachi Plaza in East Los Angeles, California.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Cumbiaville’ album is ‘dream project’ for Marcus Daniels as he drops ‘Dime Amor’ music video
- Isabel Marie Sanchez celebrates 18th birthday as she readies fifth album
- Marcus Daniels on his love of Tejano culture, new album + more
- ‘Dreaming: A Tribute to Selena’ is a book of her life and legacy told through the eyes of her fans
- Rancho Alegre and Texas Folklife to Present Showcases at Folk Alliance International Conference Feb 24-25