“I got to tell you without a doubt in my head, that this is the most absolute best product that we have done,” Stevie D tells Tejano Nation about his forthcoming album. “Obviously I don’t want to disappoint anybody. The expectations are very high. Signing with Freddie Records was part of my plan…with the introduction of ‘La Última Vez’, I think we’re delivering that already, from start to finish, the fans are going to be pleasantly surprised.”
RELATED: Stevie D signs with Freddie Records
The romantic cumbia is written by Latin GRAMMY-winning singer and songwriter Juan Treviño and features an instantly catchy chorus with outstanding musicianship provided by a stellar cast of some of the industry’s top studio players including Brando Mireles, Jay Alaniz, Chente Barrera, and Cristina Salinas.
“La Última Vez” is produced by Mireles, Stevie’s longtime collaborator and keyboardist, at the historic Legends Sound Studios in Corpus Christi, Texas.
The song’s universal message of lost love will resound with anyone who has ever experienced a tough breakup.
The black and white romantic visual was directed by The Element and Stevie D wanted to produce a music video that tells the story of the song and would raise the bar to give fans “more than just setting up instruments in a field.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- La Fiebre celebrates release of ‘Histórico’ album with live-streamed concert on June 25
- Jarritos and Duolingo Offer Chance to Win Free Premium Spanish Lessons and a Trip for Two to Mexico
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021