The award-winning singer is currently in the process of selecting songs for his upcoming album, his first with the legendary record label, which is slated for a summer 2020 release. Stevie D will be working with some of the industry’s top songwriters and musicians to produce an album that is sure to be one of the most-anticipated Tejano albums of the year.
“I’m beyond thrilled to join Freddie Records and begin a new chapter in my career”, said Stevie D. “It’s an honor and a dream come true to become part of such an iconic label and feel the enthusiasm coming from them”. He added, “I feel reinvigorated and can’t wait to get started on my new album. I truly believe it’s going to be my best work yet”.
Stevie D was born in Fresno, California and relocated with his parents to Brownsville, Texas at the age of 3. He’s a life-long fan of Tejano music and currently resides in Cedar Park, a suburb of Austin. Since 2016, Stevie D has released two critically-acclaimed albums, “De Repente” and “Ahora Sigo Yo”, and has quickly risen to become one of the brightest new voices in the industry.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- South TX Homies receive Latin Grammy nomination for debut album
- ‘Por Un Beso’ focuses on relationship origin of Aisha and her husband
- 2020 Latin Grammy nominations for Best Tejano Album announced
- Ceci Zavala drops electrocumbia version of ‘Tik Tok’ for solo debut single
- DJ Kane returns with feel-good optimistic track ‘Bajo Las Estrellas’ ft. Prana