Sonja De La Paz, who has embarked on a solo career with her popular debut single, “Contigo,” premiered the video for the contagious cumbia on Friday night.
The video features De La Paz posed in front of colorful backgrounds that switch from deep red to purple to blue, wearing a flashy jacket and tee from “JMZ,” the clothing line of drummer Joey Jimenez of Masizzo and formerly Siggno. In another scene, De La Paz is elegantly dressed, with straight hair as opposed to her long curls, and with circles of light that play off her shiny earrings.
De La Paz has gained recognition for her powerful, clear vocals with a wide range and has been on the scene singing for decades, most recently with Pete Astudillo and his band Tekno Mex. She sings the hits of Tejano’s most famous vocalist, Selena, but does so in her own strong vocal style.
As “Contigo” hits the radio charts around Texas and the Southwest, fans of De La Paz can now see the singer in her own video and at the end of the video, catch the singer’s silly side. De La Paz appears comfortable in front of the camera and in the center stage spot.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Joe Lopez receives the COVID-19 vaccine, urges fans to do the same
- Fiesta Oyster Bake 2021 event canceled amid COVID-19 concerns
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’