In a statement issued on Friday via social media, El Dorado Band co-leader Alonzo Lozano Jr. said, “With a heavy heart we come to share some sad news. Last night we lost a good friend, brother, our lead vocalist Joe Gonzalez to COVID 19. We would like to extend our deepest condolences to his wife Lety, and the Gonzalez family.”
Gonzalez was hospitalized for three weeks before he passed of COVID-19 early Friday morning.
The veteran singer and musician was raised in a musical family, his brother Jesse Gonzalez was a vocalist for Liberty Band, while Joe was a member of prominent San Antonio area bands, most notably City View Band, OBG Band, and recently El Dorado Band since February 2019.
El Dorado Band co-leader Billy Rodriguez said, “Joe was a big part of this project and we are saddened because he is no longer with us now.”
“Joe was a great singer and a great person we will miss him dearly,” added Lozano.
El Dorado Band released their debut album, Nuestro Camino, last month with the current hit single “Que Bonito,” a song originally recorded by legendary band The Latin Breed in the 1970s.
Tejano Nation sends heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Joe Gonzalez, a talented vocalist of the music industry.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Texas Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent
- ‘Cumbiaville’ album is ‘dream project’ for Marcus Daniels as he drops ‘Dime Amor’ music video
- Isabel Marie Sanchez celebrates 18th birthday as she readies fifth album
- Marcus Daniels on his love of Tejano culture, new album + more
- ‘Dreaming: A Tribute to Selena’ is a book of her life and legacy told through the eyes of her fans