Tejano superstar Patsy Torres released a song and music video dedicated to fathers titled “Papasito Mio” just in time for Father’s Day.
The award-winning singer spoke about the emotional song during a video shared via Facebook this week. “I want to thank all of you that have been making comments about my new song ‘Papasito Mio’ and the video that I did,” she said. “It means a lot to me the comments you said. You talked about crying and your comments made me cry. Of course, I cried when I wrote the song, I cried when I did the video and I cried when I saw the video. That’s because we love our daddies and we miss them. And for those of you that are lucky enough to have your papasitos with you, cherish every moment you have with them.”
Torres also spoke about the estranged relationship with her father that was mended before he passed away, according to the video.
The singer plans to produce custom music videos for fans with submitted photos of their fathers just in time for Father’s Day.
“Papasito Mio” is available to stream at PatsyTorres.hearnow.com.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Desvelado’ songwriter confirms Bobby Pulido song is not about Selena
- Pop star Ally Brooke cites Tejano artists as early influences while growing up in San Antonio
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album