MAC Cosmetics launched the highly-anticipated second collection of its cosmetics product inspired by late musician and style icon Selena Quintanilla today (Apr. 21).
The collection celebrates the 25-year legacy of Selena as the Queen of Tejano music. This collection is created in collaboration with her family, is aptly called Selena La Reina.
Selena’s widower, Chris Perez, shared a photo of the collection via Instagram a day before the official launch with the caption, “While opening the box, I could imagine her freaking out with that incredible smile of hers and say, ‘This is amazing’ and she would be 100% correct.”
Preorders for the Selena La Reina makeup collection, that included the lavish collector’s vault box, priced at $300, sold out in one minute earlier this month.
The limited-edition range features 15 pieces across categories: Lipstick (four shades), Lipglass (three shades), Lip Pencil (two shades), Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour (three shades), Extra Dimension Skinfinish, Mi Siento…Muy Excited X8 Eye Shadow Palette and Selena Makeup Bag. Prices range from $19 to $37.
“This collection is so special to me because it celebrates Selena’s 25-year legacy and I wanted the packaging to be fun and memorable,” exclaimed Selena’s sister, Suzette Quintanilla Arriaga, in a press release. “The true inspiration behind the packaging is Selena’s ICONIC rhinestone bra and really led to the holographic feel for the rest of the collection so it pulled everything together!”
The Selena La Reina collection is available now at MAC’s online store. The new collection is expected to sell out like the previous collection released in 2016.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Perrier Launches Limited-Edition Can Inspired by Día de Los Muertos
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez
- Mar García debuts new single and video ‘Quiero Volver’
- Abraham Quintanilla address those that feel he is profiting from his daughter’s death and announces new Selena album