MIAMI, FL – With a nod to the theme “The Globalization of Latin Music,” Univision announced today the first music stars, who themselves represent diverse genres, confirmed to perform in Premio Lo Nuestro 2020. The celebration of Latin Music will air Live on Univision, February 20, at 7p.m. ET/PT (6p.m. CT), from Miami’s AmericanAirlines Arena.
Scheduled to perform on this 32nd edition of the longest-running awards show on Spanish-language TV are:
- Spanish singer and three-time PLN winner David Bisbal, performing music off his new album En Tus Planes
- Argentinian rapper, singer, and composer Cazzu, nominated for New Female Artist, making her first appearance on PLN
- American born recording artist Chiquis, nominated for Social Artist of the Year and making her return to the PLN stage with a new single
- Multi-national singing group and four-time PLN winners CNCO, returning with 2 nominations and their TV world premiere of their single “Pegao”, along with this year’s nominee Manuel Turizo. This will be Turizo’s first time participating in PLN.
- U.S. born Regional Mexican singer and 12-time PLN winner Gerardo Ortiz, will debut his new single “Otra Borrachera.”
- Mexican band and this year’s 2nd most nominated Reik, to perform a hit single from their nominated album Ahora.
- Dominican-American Bachata sensation Prince Royce, winner of 19 previous PLN awards, will feature the premiere of “Trampa” from his soon-to-be-released album Alter Ego.
- Mexican superstar Thalía, host of the show and nominee for Social Artist of the Year, will also feature a TV world premiere of her new single “Ya Tu Me Conoces.”
- Puerto Rican Reggaeton icon and this year’s most nominated artist (12) Daddy Yankee, will perform his latest hit single “Que Tire Pa’Lante.”
This year’s “Premio Lo Nuestro” is hosted, for the first time ever, by two global ambassadors and superstars of Latin music, Pitbull and Thalía, alongside one of Univision’s most beloved talents, Alejandra Espinoza. The show will be filled with exclusive musical moments recognizing the global power of Urban Latin music, the elegance of the Mariachi sound, and will celebrate the return of the Latin Power Ballad. There will be world and TV premieres as PLN continues to be a platform for tomorrows hits and today’s rising artists.
Premio Lo Nuestro’s nominations honor airplay on Uforia radio during the eligibility period of Jan. 1 through Oct. 31, 2019. The winners have been selected by the fans during the voting period on PremioLoNuestro.com.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album
- Netflix reveals premiere date for ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2
- Erika Renée dedicates latest single ‘Mi Linda Ilusion’ to late mother
- ‘Anything For Selena’ podcast focuses on cultural impact of late Latin music icon