The 39th Annual Tejano Music Awards show Saturday night started with a splash from the spirited, sexy Magali Delarosa and a dancing-in-the-aisles jam from DJ Kane. Then, the new artist winners were named with Anjelique sweeping Best New Female Vocalist and Best New Group with Sweet City Band.
Young Tristan Ramos, at 13, becomes one of the youngest winners in Tejano history taking Best New Male Artist. The Midland, Texas native said he was nervous during an interview exclusively with Tejano Nation before the awards show.
More winners, performers, and interviews to come from the 39th annual Tejano Music Awards in San Antonio, Texas.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Tejano Super Jam Features Superstar Lineup This Summer in Pearland
- Arhoolie Foundation receives NEA grant to establish Lydia Mendoza virtual museum
- James Arreola of Los Palominos opens up about Uvalde tragedy one year later
- Victoria Barajas continues the family music legacy of Conjunto Baraja de Oro
- My Cultura Announces Second Season of “In Our Own World” Podcast with Emily Estefan and Gemeny Hernandez
0 comments on “Anjelique, Tristan Ramos win Best New Artists at 2019 TMAs”