The 39th Annual Tejano Music Awards show Saturday night started with a splash from the spirited, sexy Magali Delarosa and a dancing-in-the-aisles jam from DJ Kane. Then, the new artist winners were named with Anjelique sweeping Best New Female Vocalist and Best New Group with Sweet City Band.
Young Tristan Ramos, at 13, becomes one of the youngest winners in Tejano history taking Best New Male Artist. The Midland, Texas native said he was nervous during an interview exclusively with Tejano Nation before the awards show.
More winners, performers, and interviews to come from the 39th annual Tejano Music Awards in San Antonio, Texas.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Anything For Selena’ podcast focuses on cultural impact of late Latin music icon
- Ram Herrera is ‘Back On Track’ with long-awaited new album
- Fiesta San Antonio Commission planning 2021 event with public health care expert
- Destiny Navaira drops ‘Contigo Sin Ti’ video teaser
- 2021 Grammy Awards postponed over COVID-19 concerns