The 39th Annual Tejano Music Awards show Saturday night started with a splash from the spirited, sexy Magali Delarosa and a dancing-in-the-aisles jam from DJ Kane. Then, the new artist winners were named with Anjelique sweeping Best New Female Vocalist and Best New Group with Sweet City Band.
Young Tristan Ramos, at 13, becomes one of the youngest winners in Tejano history taking Best New Male Artist. The Midland, Texas native said he was nervous during an interview exclusively with Tejano Nation before the awards show.
More winners, performers, and interviews to come from the 39th annual Tejano Music Awards in San Antonio, Texas.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- New album from Texas Latino is ‘From The Heart Of Texas’ featuring Tejano icons [AUDIO]
- Intocable adds second drive-in concert date in Hidalgo on June 7
- Siggno to release ‘Pelicula Vol. 1’ EP on May 29
- Grupo Intocable drive-in concert set for June 6 in Texas
- ‘Tejano America: The Homestyle Edition’ web series premieres May 24