The 39th Annual Tejano Music Awards show Saturday night started with a splash from the spirited, sexy Magali Delarosa and a dancing-in-the-aisles jam from DJ Kane. Then, the new artist winners were named with Anjelique sweeping Best New Female Vocalist and Best New Group with Sweet City Band.
Young Tristan Ramos, at 13, becomes one of the youngest winners in Tejano history taking Best New Male Artist. The Midland, Texas native said he was nervous during an interview exclusively with Tejano Nation before the awards show.
More winners, performers, and interviews to come from the 39th annual Tejano Music Awards in San Antonio, Texas.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- DJ Kane signs with Faro Latino, plans new album with own label
- Sonja De La Paz on success of solo debut single, upcoming album + more with Cruz Control Podcast
- Jimencio and Destiny Navaira collaborate on ‘Acuérdate de Mí’
- José Luis Ayala, brother of Ramón Ayala and drummer for Los Bravos del Norte, dies from coronavirus complications
- Ilyssa premieres ‘Confía en Mí’ from highly-anticipated comeback album