The iconic final concert from Selena at the Houston Rodeo inside the Astrodome is available to stream at Amazon Prime Video.
The Tejano Queen’s legendary performance, where she was wearing the iconic purple jumpsuit, is available for the first time to stream on Amazon’s video service.
That Houston Rodeo performance on February 26, 1995, in front of over 64,000 fans originally aired on Univision later the same year.
“Selena – The Last Concert: Live From The Astrodome” is a 54-minute chronicle of La Reina de la Cumbia. She performed a disco medley, which included “Funkytown” and “I Will Survive,” as well as her iconic hits “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” “Amor Prohibido,” “Como La Flor,” and many more.
It was also the final televised concert performance by Selena before she was tragically shot and killed by her fan club president Yolanda Saldívar on March 31,1995.
Known for her powerful voice, sexy dance moves and unique costume designs, she was the number one female Latino star in the United States and Mexico before her untimely death.
The concert was released on DVD in 2003 as Live: The Last Concert by Q Productions and Image Entertainment.
The concert is available to rent for $3.99 and purchase for $19.99.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Ceci Zavala drops electrocumbia version of ‘Tik Tok’ for solo debut single
- DJ Kane returns with feel-good optimistic track ‘Bajo Las Estrellas’ ft. Prana
- Monica Saldivar releases video for breakup song ‘Revolución’
- AJ Castillo returns to stage at Buck’s Backyard in Buda on Oct. 3
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash