Michael Salgado has been cranking out hits for over 20 years and the star spoke about the origin of one of his signatures songs, his latest music and more in a recent interview.
“Cruz De Madera” is the first hit single and signature song for the singer and accordionist released in 1995. Salgado told “Domingo Live” about the origin of the hit song, a suggestion from his cousin.
“Back in the day, we were chasing the dream…playing in Midland, Texas,” he said. “We would play there every two weeks or so and people would start asking for it. We didn’t know at that time that we had a hit on our hands.”
Salgado also spoke about the time he realized he made it big and his latest music projects.
Watch the full interview with Michael Salgado on “Domingo Live” below.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
Michael Salgado on “Domingo Live”
- Pitbull honored to perform at Selena XXV tribute concert
- Stripes Stores celebrate 25 years of Selena’s legacy with limited-edition collectible cups
- Sarah Monique celebrates independence in love with 'Bienvenida Mi Libertad' [AUDIO]
- Selena XXV tribute concert to feature Elida Reyna, Los Kumbia Allstarz, Isabel Marie + more May 9 at Alamodome
- Stephanie Lynn announces name change, added to cast of upcoming film