Michael Salgado has been cranking out hits for over 20 years and the star spoke about the origin of one of his signatures songs, his latest music and more in a recent interview.
“Cruz De Madera” is the first hit single and signature song for the singer and accordionist released in 1995. Salgado told “Domingo Live” about the origin of the hit song, a suggestion from his cousin.
“Back in the day, we were chasing the dream…playing in Midland, Texas,” he said. “We would play there every two weeks or so and people would start asking for it. We didn’t know at that time that we had a hit on our hands.”
Salgado also spoke about the time he realized he made it big and his latest music projects.
Watch the full interview with Michael Salgado on “Domingo Live” below.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Michael Salgado on “Domingo Live”
- La 45 teams with David Lee Garza and Cezar Martinez for ‘La Embarcación’ collaboration
- Quemazón offers free download of new single ‘Que Sepan Todos’
- Día de los Muertos at Hemisfair celebrates 10-year anniversary
- Auditions to Cast the New Menudo Band are Now Open on the HeartOut Authenticated Performance Recording App
- Bobby Pulido chats career and new music with release of new five-song EP