Sixteen aspiring Tejano singers from all across Texas will compete for the title of Tejano Idol at the competition finale in Austin, Texas on Sunday, Oct. 20.
The Austin Tejano Music Coalition, the non-profit organization that sponsors Tejano Idol, has been in search of future Tejano music stars since 2011. The nationwide singing contest has been initiated to highlight Tejano music and showcase unknown talent from amateur singers of all ages.
After holding auditions across Texas, the ATMC selected 16 singers as finalists for the 9th annual Tejano Idol.
The Tejano Idol finale will take place at Texas Club Bar and Grill, 4914 Burleson Road in Austin on October 20, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. The 16 finalists will perform for celebrity judges, including singer Tejano Roze, Austin radio station owner Jose Garcia, and record label executives Michelle Garcia of Hacienda Records, and Marc Martinez of Freddie Records. The finale will be hosted once again by two-time Grammy nominee Shelly Lares.
The Tejano Idol winner will be awarded $1000, a recording session with Freddie Records, a video and photoshoot. The Top 5 finalists will receive a trophy, with medals and certificates awarded to all finalists.
Log onto www.austintejanomusiccoalition.com for more information on Tejano Idol.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Jay Perez invited to perform with Miami Symphony on June 8
- David Beck’s Tejano Weekend premieres ‘La Ronera’ single and video from ‘Dos Exitos’ EP
- Los Desperadoz back on the road, release new single ‘Un Milagro’
- Palomino Fest returns to the Uvalde County Fairplex for Labor Day Weekend 2021
- AB Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Kingz Allstarz with Pete Astudillo headline Fiesta de Mayo in Houston Memorial Day Weekend